Azərbaycan dili Bahasa Indonesia Bosanski Català Čeština Dansk Deutsch Eesti English Español Français Galego Hrvatski Italiano Latviešu Lietuvių Magyar Malti Mакедонски Nederlands Norsk Polski Português Português BR Românã Slovenčina Srpski Suomi Svenska Tiếng Việt Türkçe Ελληνικά Български Русский Українська Հայերեն ქართული ენა 中文
Subpage under development, new version coming soon!

Subject: Cycling

2011-09-20 18:07:09
So this week we have the 2011 UCI Road World Championships here in Denmark. A few time trials have already taken place.
* Yesterday Australian Luke Durbridge won the men's under-23 TT before Dane Rasmus Quaade and fellow Australian Michael Hepburn.
*Also yesterday, Jessica Allen, another Australian won women's junior TT, leaving British Elinor Barker and German Mieke Kröger behing her.
* Today in the men's TT junior Danish surprise Mads Würtz Schmidt defeated Kiwi James Oram and Aussie David Edwards.
*The women's TT just finished with German Judith Arendt winning, former-Dane-gone-Kiwi Linda Willumsen finishing second and British Emma Pooley being third.

A bit surprising that all medals so far have been split between five countries, yet as a Dane, I find the results so far quite satisfying :)

Who are your favorites for men's TT tomorrow? Cancellara, Martin and Wiggins are probably the big favorites. Unfortunately Denmark's big hope for tomorrow has been terminated for missing a recent doping control, and while Fuglsang is good, he won't stand a chance of gaining medals.
2011-09-20 19:04:03
Martin no doubt about that or he will be unlucky
hope to see Thomas De gendt in top 10 tommorow
2011-09-20 22:03:13
You're probably right, but Cancellara can't be counted out based on the fact that he has won the WC TT four times already.

Fun fact: 3 out of the previous 4 times the WC has been settled in Copenhagen, a Belgian won the WC. With Gilbert riding on sunday, it's possible that the trend will continue!
2011-09-21 11:32:33
Don't forget Van Avermaet and Roelandts! Roelandts was the only one able to follow Gilbert in Canada...He also won the Belgian Championship with a similar finish...
2011-09-21 16:41:36
2011-09-21 17:33:10
Crazy.

And wow. Martin was excellent today. Passing both Millar and Ignatiev on his way to the Gold medal. Cancellara seemed unfocused and even hit the fence which made him lose the second place, leaving that to Wiggins. A great race, and nice to see some of the world's best riders in real life :D
2011-09-22 00:13:52
Predictable winner. Even more top favourite than Gilbert for the road race.
2011-09-23 11:33:04
I don't think Gilbert is the biggest favourite
the race is to flat

If sagan can take the lenght of the race he is top favo
2011-09-23 12:09:48
It is true that the race generally is flat but it does contain a few hills among them one leading up to the finish line. Though it's no a tough one, it might disturb a few riders. I saw the women junior's road race earlier today where the last hill had a huge impact on the sprint. British girl Lucy Garner won ahead of Belgian Jesse Druyts and Dane Christina Siggaard. Quite an interesting race which should have ended with a German and Italian in the first two places, as they were 40 seconds ahead with something like 5 km to go, yet they were overtaken on the final hill.
2011-09-23 12:45:11
If Sagan wins it will be sensational - in his age... But I believe he really can make it .)
2011-09-23 15:52:06
I don't think it will be sensational...I think it will be unexpected...

Anyway according to who's the biggest favourite :

***** Hushovd and Boasson.
**** Sagan, Gilbert, Greipel
*** Van Avermaet, Roelandts, Cavendish, Galimzyanov
** Goss, Bennati, Farrar, Rojas
* Bozic, Dean, Duque, Cancellara
2011-09-23 15:57:52
No Kittel?
2011-09-23 16:24:53
I think he will help Greipel in the sprint or try it in a group, not likely though Germany has better riders for an escape in a group.
2011-09-23 16:34:09
the race is to flat

Even a bit boring .. :) There should be at least some hills, and mountains is even better.
2011-09-23 16:45:37
has there ever been an World Championship with a Mountain Race?
2011-09-23 17:01:56
Not very often, 1994 Agrigento and 1995 Duitama are last ones. Next year it's in the Netherlands, Valkenburg, that will be more hills.