Azərbaycan dili Bahasa Indonesia Bosanski Català Čeština Dansk Deutsch Eesti English Español Français Galego Hrvatski Italiano Latviešu Lietuvių Magyar Malti Mакедонски Nederlands Norsk Polski Português Português BR Românã Slovenčina Srpski Suomi Svenska Tiếng Việt Türkçe Ελληνικά Български Русский Українська Հայերեն ქართული ენა 中文
Subpage under development, new version coming soon!

Subject: [Idea] Merge of small countries/leagues

2024-02-24 01:03:26
That's not entirely true, there were old users coming back with new teams that were able to reach Ekstraklasa after 3-4 years of playing so it's doable.. but obviously ridiculous since you have to become a massive trader and your game is basically doing transfers all the time.

Problem is, people now want to make one big league - now imagine how that will end up:)

First thing - suddenly new normal playing users will have to stay in 7th, max 6th league for many years and they won't go higher because the level at 4th league will already crush them, even 5th will be a massive challenge for years

There are 4th tier leagues in Poland that have teams playing for 65-70, now if we add all top teams from Italy, Nederland, Spain etc. then suddenly 4th league will have an average level of 70+.

Second thing - many people playing at top level in their smaller countries will suddenly get down to 4th-5th league and won't be able to compete with top users from other countries

Which is often their fault, there are lots of countries that are at low level because of the level they manage their clubs at

I wonder how those teams would react after being thrown down and seeing that they are unable to move up :)

For example, look at England with 100 users - one of biggest countries since many many years ago, only around 10 bigger countries in the game at the moment

And yet their level except for 1 team is very low...

Their top 10 teams this season:

73.4 Thamesmead Town FC Premiership
68.6 Man United 1995-96 Premiership
65.7 Legia Będzin Premiership
64.3 Rock Bottom Premiership
63.0 Padstow Rovers Premiership
61.9 Elmstead Legends Division II.02
61.0 kowal203 Premiership
60.6 Forest Hill F.C. Division II.02
60.4 Sporting Ampullae Of Loren... Premiership
60.4 POLISH BOSTON GKS`71

Except for Thamesmead all of them would end up how low - between 5th and 6th league?

Poland has 9 teams playing (average ratings, not max) for 79-84
It has 53 users playing for over 70 rating

It's just my opinion, but I think that even many old users would get discouraged if thet were suddenly moved to a role of low league teams without even real chances to go up.

Obviously someone can say that they would start getting more money from sponsors/tickets but that's not how you build a really strong team, you do it with transfers & training and most people don't know or don't care to do that...

And new users would definitely get discouraged if they saw that they need years of playing to even reach 5th league.
(edited)
2024-02-24 01:17:43
Worse than nothing? I guess in Poland there's not a problem about too little challenges

yes, I do believe that a bad idea is worse than nothing
2024-02-24 09:47:31
So people would quit because of the challenge? I'm not sure I agree but let's say you're right.
Run the World League as a separate entity instead. Scrap the Champions Cup and use that day for WL games. 14 rounds (15 teams), ticket revenue shared as there's no such thing as home advantage in this game. The big league would mean less levels and more mobility up and down.
2024-02-24 10:05:21
It would also mean 4 official games (2x League, 1x World League, National cups) so even more problems with injuries & cards.

And yes, I Think that the level of challenge would be too big for many people so they would just quit/become inactive/leave the game soon after joining
2024-02-24 11:12:31
I wouldn't mind to be a 7th or 8th tier team, if that is where my team belongs to currently internationally, CHALLENGE is rather good than having none. Obviously i would need to check into my team mangement if my incomes will get lower but there are always possibilities, and it's a football team managment game after all.
2024-02-24 11:56:41
Turn off training/injuries/cards for the national cup. Most teams are knocked out after 2 weeks anyway. There are always solutions.
2024-02-24 13:22:57
You are a trader (223 bought players in 3 years, I bought 484 in 18 years...) so it's not that bad for you, because you can improve relatively quickly if you mass trade & train properly.

But for people playing "normally" without doing many transfers it will be terrible, they will simply stay at the lowest level for years.

@Camus
If anything, the International League would need being in Arcade mode, because as you mentioned - most people already get knocked out of cup early.

So for weaker users it would be 3 games instead of 2, for stronger teams it would be 4 games instead of 3.

That will require much wider squads and injury/card instant buys (because there will be 1-2 days between the games) which people at lower/mid level cannot afford. People are frustrated with injuries already, they would be even more frustrated.

POSSIBLY it would be better to change the league to 11 games instead of 22 [no rematches] and add 11 games of International League instead.
(edited)
2024-02-25 22:07:01
No, I agree with your post.

USA is the same. I mean, I'm okay at tactics but I made the ML in one year... and with a team average score of about 55...odds are better than not I'll finish top 6.