The Overview tab development is almost finished, so very soon you can expect its deployment. A little reminder how it looks:
Now we're starting our works on further subpages, which will be changed, and these are connected with training.
This is a priority because of few reasons:
1. As soon as possible we'd like to ensure in SK professional reports, because we believe that monitoring progress of players should be simple from the game level, without necessity to use any external programs.
2. Good training reports are also a basis to implement a new training system - this will help to control progress of players in prepared system.
We're working to prepare few tabs, you can see the details below:
1. Training reports tab (all reports)
2. View for particular - selected report
3. List of detailed training progress of all team
4. History of progress for a selected player
5. View of the graph for training of a selected player
Few important announcements with the start of April.
We have finally fixed bugs reported for the 3D viewer, now you can use the new version, which seems to work much better. However, some bugs still may occur; please report them on Bugs forum.
List of main improvements:
1. Proper substitutions' names;
2. Stadium displays correctly (there were some parts missing sometimes);
3. Weather conditions fixed (in most of the games there were visuals of water on the pitch);
4. Roof on the camera side is hidden;
5. Goalkeeper shirts uploaded (no longer are the same as field players);
6. lots of other small features.
Another part of our work that is close to the end is portraits generator. We uploaded all the illustrations and we can create portraits, you can check out the generator here (refresh the site to display another portrait): https://sokker-postacie.codee.dev/
Hopefully we will introduce new portraits to the game next week, two at max.
Unfortunately, our work on the Overview page is delayed - due to covid our work wasn't as fast as we expected. But the Overview page is already at a quite advanced stage Our new deadline is the middle of the month, at the latest the 3rd week. We hope that the community will understand it, we are trying to do our best to deliver all changes as soon as it's possible.
Happy Easter to everyone and take care!
Together with current development process we are preparing new proposals for next few pages and innovations. New finance tab project is almost done, so you can check our proposal using the link below. New tab will be much more detailed and will allow you to check your club finances from few different perspectives. What's important, today you can check out the finance overview page. That will be the main page for finance checking, but as you can see at the top of page there will be also an option to check more detailed tabs, like dedicated reports for costs or incomes. That will allow you to compare wages of players and coaches, track your tickets incomes divided by type of game, etc.
In the presented project you can find a few new features, like:
1. Club finances are separated into operational part and dedicated part for transfers;
2. Reports in different time periods, starting from weekly, ending with whole season overview or even last season results;
3. You will be able to compare seasons;
4. Seasonal predictions based on your current costs and average incomes per week;
5. Trend chart to summarize season week by week;
6. Dedicated summary for youth school.
It's just a few improvements, we hope you will enjoy the presented idea. Some of new features will only be available to plus users (we still haven’t decided which ones).
Dev. Diary 47: Automatic registration
We are right about to start working on automatic registration in Sokker. Currently this is a manual process, and because of that users often have to wait even few days for the confirmation of the team and the unlocking all options. It's highly complicated compared to other online games, where in most cases creating an account enables immediate start of the game. We'd like a similar process on Sokker. There will be an automat registering the teams, which will be assigned immediately during creating an account, if there are no contraindications (e.g. connected with duplicated IP number). Development will last few weeks. Planned end of works will take place about April/May.
Another good info, and another news piece that is not much for reading, but rather for watching. We're working on notifications on the overview screen, which will be displayed to users after logging. Below you can see visualization of basic notifications regarding "necessary" things to do in the club:
Today, news with not many words, but full of, not only visualizations, but realistic (developed) screens. The matches will soon be available with really advanced settings. By clicking the following link you can see the options, which will be available while watching a match:
Most important changes:
- pre-match intro (summary of team forms, current table, team stars),
- match settings panel (options for match, camera, speed, replays),
- summary of match data and match facts/statistics,
- timeline with possibility to skip to the match event of choice.
Below you can find the list of minor and major fixes which have been done:
1. Light skin - white background changed for a little darker one, so it would be more pleasant to look at;
2. Font change - bigger font size was set as default, which made the forum and other elements more readable. In few places it breaks the layout (e.g. choosing the position of a player in match settings view), but it's the first thing to fix;
3. League tables - the colour scheme was changed (especially the contrast for the dark skin);
4. The colour of pops - pops of player skills are distinguished with light green colour in the dark skin (again, a matter of contrast);
5. Mobile - trimming of elements was fixed - it's possible to scroll left and right (e.g. tables);
6. Left menu - it was embedded permanently (it's no longer necessary to scroll down whole page content to see the clock, for example).
LET'S GO! As you can see, today we completed the first major deployment of new elements on Sokker. And there is a lot of them at once!
Navigation & two skins:
1. There is new navigation and page layout. Side and top panels, which have been designed from the scratch, are the first new elements of the new Sokker layout. New design will be developed further (deploying new layout page by page);
2. Other elements (particular pages) have been adjusted color-wise, so it looks consistent everywhere. However it’s not the final layout yet, it’s only a temporary adjustment of old content of the site to the new navigation elements;
3. There are two skins for now – light and dark, you can change them in the settings;
4. In accordance to the announcements, we are working on a skin inspired by old Sokker classic.
Few elements changed their place, which we’ll have to get used to. Below is a short list of those changes:
1. FINANCE tab – it’s now under the OFFICE;
2. PLAYERS tab – it’s under the CLUB page (direct link is currently named TEAM, which will better suit its new function). The club page will be available by clicking on logo or team name. All names and descriptions are deployed in English and will be translated to local languages shortly after;
3. There is change of place of few elements – the left panel will contain only those elements that are directly connected to our club (and NT) management (and the FORUM tab), whereas the top panel will contain „additional” tabs, like World, Country, Search, Rules or Settings;
4. Also notifications and mail will be displayed on the top, which have different icons now. Number of awaiting „items” will also be displayed there.
3D match visualization
At the same time we deploy new 3D match visualization. Ultimately 3D version will be available only for PLUS users. For now it stays open for everyone for the test phase. 2D version is not gone – it’ll be an alternative, available for everyone.
IMPORTANT: it’s a test version. It means that there may be (and surely will) some bugs – we kindly ask to report them in proper forums. We haven’t managed to fix some elements, e.g. displaying of spectators – therefore they won’t be visible yet.
Current visualization interface (visualization menu) is also temporary – currently we’re working on design of matches, which should be kept as live match broadcast, with full match intro, animations, etc.
In the end, some fixes, which were done as well:
1. Rule of 4 weeks is not in effect for transfers cancelled by admins;
2. The score board for 2D visualization is moved to top (since it was sometimes hidden because of resolution setting for some browsers);
3. Again there will be ball icon over the goalscorer!
We are delighted to announce few pieces of positive information:
1. The decision was made, two skin options will be deployed at once - light and dark, so everyone could find something for themself;
2. Light skin project is ready, you can check it out here: https://xd.adobe.com/view/6cca5199-4603-4d79-a720-3296347dd569-3999/?fullscreen (you need to press arrows to check all graphics);
3. Work on the new GUI is at a quite advanced stage now, the new menu and both skins will surely be deployed in February;
4. Soon, we'll start working on the retro skin - we need to make it clear with you, the users, what do you mean by "retro" - and on which skin should we base it. For that purpose, we'll make short survey in the coming days;
5. A fix for the match visualization, the player names are displayed now! Some users found it already - it was possible to enable this option with "Home" button on your keyboard. Unfortunately not everyone has that button so it was changed to "N" button. What is more, displaying names was defined for enabled by default;
6. There was one more fix for match visualization, which for many was really crucial during watching - player name is now displayed after hovering the mouse cursor over a player.
A short brief about fixes/enhancements we've been working on lately:
1. 3D matches - we're working on fixing some smaller bugs;
2. Automatically postponing transfer deadlines during serve problems - we're about to define technical conditions which must be fulfilled to make it, we have invented a "mechanism" checking whether server is working;
3. Fixing 4-week grace period for transfer after cancelling a transfer by admin - our backend developer started working on that task, but he has to find the best solution. The work is in progress but it's hard to predict if it can be finished this week;
4. 2D match viewer for iPhone users - The new test environment was bought to check different web browsers - the problem is being verified there. The thing is that HTML animation is too "heavy" on iOS and web browser doesn't run it. We're working on making it lighter so it could meet the limits.
This week we bring a quick update on the bugs that we have recently fixed.
1. 2D matches HD quality (displaying a match in the full screen does not downgrade its quality).
2. Charts - we have both improved the senior’s talent charts and implemented junior player’s chart.
3. There were also some missing elements that were not originally transferred from Flash, such as the mood and the fan club charts or the account balance chart. New charts have been implemented there.
Simultaneously, we are working on:
1. 3D matches - we have another delay in implementing this option, but it looks like we are getting closer. We will probably release it without fans (currently this element generates the most errors), other elements of the player look good;
2. Automated transfer deadline delays in the event of a server crash (currently, we can only intervene manually which for various reasons does not allow us to react on time in most cases);
3. Fixing a bug with a transfer being cancelled by an admin - now, after cancelling a transfer by an admin, the rule of 4 weeks from purchasing a player applies again;
4. Availability of the 2D viewer for iPhone users (the problem has not been solved yet, but we are close to eliminate the causes, unfortunately it turned out to be quite complex and time-consuming).
The rest of the work is in progress, as reported in previous Dev. Diaries.