We are pleased to announce that we have almost completed work on two new pages which will soon be introduced in the game. These are already available for testing but still have some bugs and our team of developers is working on its final version.
New Home Page
The first of these pages is the new Sokker start page. It has been prepared in accordance with the new graphics. It is adapted to both PCs and mobile devices.
You can check it out here:
The website is already operational, the registration and login options are also working. Soon, we will also add screenshots from the game itself and some preview screenshots of Sokker matches. After the tests are over, it will be the only home page of the Sokker and the current one will be replaced by it.
New matches list view
The other page is the new view of our team's matches. We have arranged it in the form of a list, which is much clearer than the current version of the presentation of matches in two columns. In this case, we are still working on the aesthetics (too many colors, some too bright), not all options work and there is no filtering by season (it will be available soon).
You can see it here:
Nevertheless, the view improves many functions. Within it, the following options will be available:
1. Simple color marking of the match type;
2. Marking empty slots for friendly and arcade matches;
3. Positioning the site on the current week [/color]the current week (the next match in the middle of the screen);
4. A separate tab with arcade matches (it will be separated from regular matches to simplify the view);
5. Of course, all items on the list will be links (to teams or competitions).
Parallel to making corrections to these two new tabs, we are already in a very advanced stage of the work on the next subpage - the new version of the finance tab (with significantly expanded statistics). As a reminder - here you can see its appearance and functionalities:
Changes in training and the league system
We are also working intensively on this element. Unfortunately, we are not able to declare whether we'll be able to implement both changes at the beginning of the next season. This is currently our highest priority, and we will devote 80% of our backend resources to the training system in September - but it is also a very complex change. We can already see various complications related to the reform. We will try to provide the exact implementation dates in the next Dev. Diary. We are aware that the planned reform is currently the most important to players.
It is election time again! You will have the opportunity to stand for election as the national team coach (either Senior or U21) of any nation, and vote a Senior and U21 manager for your own nation.
To access the election page, go to the homepage of the respective country, then click on National Team (Senior or U21), and then Elections.
If you stand for election, it is recommended that you open ONE thread in the appropriate country's forum after the elections start. Please prefix your thread with [NT] or [U21] , e.g. [NT] greg or [U21] damian. Please do NOT spam forums, SK-mail people directly for votes, or spam users' Guest Books. Any of these spam activities will result in forum banning and/or a financial fine.
Please remember that a user who has been elected as an NT manager will not be able to resign from their job. Therefore when you stand for the NT job, it is not only for fun, it is also your responsibility to serve the full term.
Elections end on the 15th of August, so start preparing your speeches, questions for candidates, and vote!
The holiday season was not helpful to keep our frequent communication, but today we make up for it with a long entry describing the status of our work. We hope that the numerous changes that appeared on the server made up for lack of information.
Training reports - beta version
You have been able to find a new tab on the Training page for several weeks - "Main Team Progress" showing the progress of all players in the form of a table.
Clicking on a given player from the list opens the training history of a particular player from week to week. This option has been activated this week. We can’t wait for you to try it. There may still be bugs with this view and improvements are underway as soon as this week.
The most important functionalities of the new training reports:
1. Marking of all skill changes of players;
2. Possibility to sort the players by any filter;
3. Logs training type and number of minutes played in all types of games;
4. History of the player's training (PLUS users have access to archival data for the entire duration of the subscription).
During the tests, the tab is available to everyone. Ultimately it will be a functionality only for PLUS users.
We are currently working on the following fixes:
1. Correct counting of minutes played (errors appear in case of injuries and international matches);
2. Marking the weeks in which the player was injured;
3. Improving the readability of the training history of a given player (squeezing the elements);
4. Adding picture of the player;
5. Adding hyperlinks to the player's profile or nationality;
6. Various other minor bugs, such as improvement of separators in amounts, overlapping texts, etc.
This is not all the news on training reports!
Work is underway on the "Weekly Report" card, which will be a simplified view of training changes in our team. It will contain information about the type of training and about coaches, the progress in the junior team and on a new graph visualization. It will include a scrollbar scrolling function and it will mark weeks in which the athlete missed training.
New transfers - a list with a summary of conducted transfers
Another big element that we managed to implement is a completely new tab summarizing the transfers carried out. This is the default tab that opens after entering the Transfers page and there we can find a list of all players that we are trying to buy or sell.
Functionalities of this element are:
1. More extensive player statistics visible at a glance (age, value);
2. Possibility to see the player's skills without going to his profile;
3. Possibility to bid a player from the list without going to the profile;
4. Changes refreshing live, we can follow the progress of the auction from the list view;
5. Information on the number of clubs interested in the player;
6. Possibility to remove the observation of a player;
7. Possibility of observing the player without having to bid him in the auction (pin icon in the player's profile);
8. Countdown to the auction end (visible exact second of the end of the auction);
9. Marking the auctions in which we are winning with a green icon.
At the same time, we are also working on some missing elements here, such as coach observations (not yet implemented).
Overview - fixes and changes
A lot of changes have also occurred in the Overview, from a series of fixes for various smaller elements (e.g. adding full financial data for the last season in the finance section, improving various visual elements, etc.), to larger implementations such as the introduction of a completely new section - the calendar with a preview of the current week in the game.
The calendar currently shows only the events that have already taken place, however it will soon be supplemented with hints about events related to the coming days (such as information about when the friendly league rounds are scheduled or when the age of players changes due to the new season).
Team registration automation
We have also entered the 21st century in terms of team registration. Late - but finally we've automated team assignment (vs. admin's manual work up until now). Now, most submissions are accepted by an algorithm that checks account credibility and the team is assigned immediately (unless there are serious doubts about the account). Any further verification takes place in the background. The user can immediately start the exploration of the game.
Automation is already working. It still requires changes to the content of the registration e-mails. We are currently working on rewriting them.
What are we working on now?
In recent months, we have sped up the work significantly and we are very pleased that more and more new features appear in the game and that the changes are starting to become noticeable. We hope that you are also satisfied with the results you are seeing.
In addition to the works mentioned earlier, we are currently working on several new elements:
1. New home page with simplified registration and login process;
2. New training system;
3. Match scenery (for both players - 2D and 3D). We also plan to prepare a 3D player to run on mobile devices;
4. There are also other elements in the queue for programming work - the season view (match calendar and list view of matches) and the view of new, significantly expanded finances (both were presented in dev. diaries);
5. On the other hand, in graphic design, there is a new view of the squad selection.
We hope that you are going to like the changes, we are asking you as always to support our work with PLUS and please invite your friends to join Sokker community!
Due to vacation we had less communication in recent weeks, but it's finally time for next Developer Diary!
This time we would like to present you our projects about the new Sokker main page = www.sokker.org
You can find our projects trough the link below:
Sorry for so much Polish text, it was easier for our designer you use native language - of course we will introduce new pages in English, and then linguists will translate them locally.
What is important on presented projects:
1. New main page is quite simple and oriented towards new users - main goal is to introduce the game to beginners and motivate them to register;
2. Registration process is much simpler than it was, and combined with automatic team assignment it will reduce time to create a new team to a minimum;
3. Login page is also simple and embedded into the new design;
4. You can also check how will the main page look on mobile devices.
Hopefully, the new main page will be implemented till the end of the current season.
Last two weeks we were mainly focused on bug fixing for the Overview page. Most issues seem to be solved, others should be fixed in the upcoming days.
From today we will start with local translations for your native languages, and probably in the upcoming week it should be introduced.
We decided to develop some small features based on the current data displayed in the overview page:
1. Club summary contains current data of your team, we will compare it to the last season's results to make you able to easily asses your team's progress;
2. Same thing will be done with the finance widget, there will be an option to check last year's overall results;
3. We are also developing an option to check competitions other than the "short" league table - national cup (or other cups) will be included in that widget too.
Other important changes:
1. Transfer auto refreshing - probably you noticed that transfers near the end (2 minutes) are auto-refreshed every 4 seconds;
2. Registration page - we decided to make it simpler, we have reduced the number of fields required to register a new team, hopefully it will help us to get more users in the future.
If you still notice any bugs about the Overview please report it on bugs forum.
One of our programmers will continue Overview page development, but the rest of the team moves on to next few challenges: training reports, welcome page and registration process, and match viewer intro.
We are happy to announce that the first completely new subpage, the Overview page, is published :)
For now it's a BETA version, probably we will find some bugs that need to be fixed, but it's ready and can be used by managers.
You can find it here: https://sokker.org/app/overview
Link to the Overview page will soon appear on the left side menu. After all bugs are fixed and language translations made we will set Overview page as the new default page after login.
It's a really BIG STEP forward for the development team. Crucial things are:
1. It's the first page of the new Sokker design (developed from the scratch);
2. During development we prepared design styles and code frame that will allow us to work much faster on other subpages;
3. New page is also better suited for beginners, and notifications (guidelines) presented in overview will help to make any key decision-making easier;
4. New design is much better suited for mobile devices than the old site was.
There are two important widgets that are missing (presented in previous DD regarding the Overview), which will be developed soon:
1. Transfers overview;
2. Weekly timeline.
Feature No. 1
We have finally introduced new player portraits. There are still few small things to be fixed with them, but overall we are pleased with the final effect.
We will keep improving it:
1. Link hair color with beard (with small chance of different colors);
2. Link match kits with current club colors (and hopefully in the future with kits design, as stripes, etc.);
3. Too high chance for beard (most players have it now);
4. Lack of bald players.
We will also constantly expand portrait data base with new illustrations.
Feature No. 2
Transfer auto-refreshing - last few days we tested auto-refreshing on player bidding with few chosen clubs - seems that the feature worked well and we will introduce it this week for all of you. Mechanism is simple, when bidding is close to the end (2 minutes) bidding window will refresh automatically every 4 seconds, with no need to refresh the page.
Overview page - we found few bugs during our tests, but it seems that new page will be introduced this week as beta version.
Short update this weekend!
We are pleased to share with you another page that is almost ready for development: the new Finance tab.
It was presented few weeks ago as a UX project. Since then the project was finished by our graphic designer.
Please check the new Finances tab here:
At the same time we are getting ready to publish the Overview page (yes, we know it's taking much more time than we announced). But the good news is that the Overview page is finally introduced for testing at the test server, so we are really close to introduce it in the game (hopefully, next week).
The Overview tab development is almost finished, so very soon you can expect its deployment. A little reminder how it looks:
Now we're starting our works on further subpages, which will be changed, and these are connected with training.
This is a priority because of few reasons:
1. As soon as possible we'd like to ensure in SK professional reports, because we believe that monitoring progress of players should be simple from the game level, without necessity to use any external programs.
2. Good training reports are also a basis to implement a new training system - this will help to control progress of players in prepared system.
We're working to prepare few tabs, you can see the details below:
1. Training reports tab (all reports)
2. View for particular - selected report
3. List of detailed training progress of all team
4. History of progress for a selected player
5. View of the graph for training of a selected player
Few important announcements with the start of April.
We have finally fixed bugs reported for the 3D viewer, now you can use the new version, which seems to work much better. However, some bugs still may occur; please report them on Bugs forum.
List of main improvements:
1. Proper substitutions' names;
2. Stadium displays correctly (there were some parts missing sometimes);
3. Weather conditions fixed (in most of the games there were visuals of water on the pitch);
4. Roof on the camera side is hidden;
5. Goalkeeper shirts uploaded (no longer are the same as field players);
6. lots of other small features.
Another part of our work that is close to the end is portraits generator. We uploaded all the illustrations and we can create portraits, you can check out the generator here (refresh the site to display another portrait): https://sokker-postacie.codee.dev/
Hopefully we will introduce new portraits to the game next week, two at max.
Unfortunately, our work on the Overview page is delayed - due to covid our work wasn't as fast as we expected. But the Overview page is already at a quite advanced stage Our new deadline is the middle of the month, at the latest the 3rd week. We hope that the community will understand it, we are trying to do our best to deliver all changes as soon as it's possible.
Happy Easter to everyone and take care!